Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Welcome to the "Citation Tube Audio" blog

What is this site?  Well, I was finally getting around to taking the plunge and starting on a refurbish project for one of the H/K Citation I preamplifiers that I have.  I go a little further than many when it comes to these projects.  My idea of an old vintage amplifier restore is to completely take it apart and to replace all of the components except those for which replacement parts are not available.

Why?  Because I like to.  It's a hobby similar to building scale models or model railroading.  I certainly love the sound of the equipment in the end, but for me a significant portion of the enjoyment is the building.  So as I started on my Citation I preamp project I thought that I should really document my effort.  The question was "where?"  A simple Word document?  I decided in the end to do a blog.  So here we are.

What I plan to post here is anything that has to do with my Citation tube gear, directly or indirectly.  At the moment there will be a lot of material on my pre-amplifier refurbish effort.  I hope that what I put here can be used by others on their own projects.  But from time to time I'll post other items of interest, or so I hope they will be to some.

I hope that readers feel free to leave their comments.  Questions will be raised and I welcome answers.  And no doubt I'll post information from time to time that is just plain wrong.  So please correct me.

No comments:

Post a Comment